ACBL District 21
Let's Play Duplicate Bridge
District 21 follows the ACBL Conditions of Contest for all District 21 Regionals. District 21 elects the following options, as allowed in the ACBL Conditions of Contest:
1) In knockout team events, a team will not be paired against a previous opponent until as late a round as possible.
2) When a knockout team event advertised as bracketed draws only one bracket, the event will be handicapped.
3) ACBL Mid-Chart conventions will govern bidding and playing methods in the following events:
Note: Stratified events, Senior events, and Compact KOs are not eligible.
Note: ACBL Mid-Chart allowed conventions vary depending on the number of boards per round. See the ACBL Convention Charts for details.
4) Cell phones, pagers, and other communication devices are allowed in the playing area, but must be turned off at all times. Health-related equipment is exempt, as is any device used with the permission of the director-in-charge. Violations may be penalized without warning.
5) All District 21 events are non-smoking.
6) For stratified Swiss team events, team stratifications shall be determined by the total masterpoints of the 4 highest members of the team. This method does not apply to flighted Swiss teams, where each member of the team must meet the masterpoint requirements of the flight, per the ACBL.
7) Pet Policy. Non-participating children under the age of six and pets are not allowed to remain in the playing area of District 21 Regionals during play and for 15 minutes before and after play, subject to the following exceptions and restrictions:
the D21 board on May 31, 2008)
"Any changes to the ACBL Conditions of Contest
Send mail to site administrator with
questions or comments about this web site.
Last modified: September 1, 2013